|Tarpon Springs, FL USA 75474 • Email • +1 (909) CELORIA|
|LinkedIn • GitHub|
To provide innovative cutting edge cloud solutions to security challenges that promotes improved customer trust and drives business growth.
- Infrastructure: RHEL, Debian/Ubuntu, AIX, HPUX, Solaris, VMware
- Development: Python, Ruby, Golang, Perl, PHP, shell, SCM (RCS, CVS, Git)
- Databases: AWS RDS, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite
- Web Applications: NGINX, Apache, Tomcat, Flask/Bottle, NodeJS
- Cloud/IaaS: AWS, Azure, OpenShift
- Security: OSSEC, TripWire, Snort, Nmap, Wireshark
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Containers: (AWS EKS, ECS, ECR), Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Automation: Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Gitlab CI/CD
Sr. Release Engineer • 06/2021 - 11/23 Topgolf, Dallas, TX USA
- Automated the setup of new venues in hybrid environments using Terraform and Jenkins.
- Created a process to track internal application versions deployed as helm charts for inventory purposes.
- Lead a tech debt reduction effort to replace an aging Puppet configuration management platform with Ansible.
- Manage weekly concurrent release deployments and routinely assist other departments for escalations.
- Worked on a migration effort to move container based microservices to Kubernetes.
Sr. Cloud Engineer • 08/2020 - 06/2021 Heartland, Oklahoma City, OK US
- Wrote CI/CD pipelines, evaluated and provided recommendations on several CI/CD tools for an internal PoC.
- Wrote Ansible roles and playbooks to configure multiple Linux distributions for Azure AD authentication.
- Created multiple reusable Terraform modules to stand up resources in Azure and AWS.
- Worked on the architecture and redesign of an existing web application to be redeployed consistently across multiple environments using IaC.
Release Engineer • 06/2019 - 06/2020 Topgolf (Contract/FTE), Dallas, TX USA
- Built and automated the deployment of international venue resources in AWS by writing and publishing Terraform modules in Terraform Enterprise.
- Directly involved in a containerization effort to migrate internal Microservices to Rancher/Helm Charts.
- Provided tier 4 support to Development, Release Management, QA and Infrastructure.
- Managed, deployed and supported multiple concurrent releases through various test environments through production.
- Maintained environment release information across multiple lab environments such as software and configuration baseline version. Maintained build and release procedures, release branches, dependencies, and notification lists.
Sr. Cloud/Automation Engineer • 09/2017 - 04/2019 Q2, Austin, TX US
- Participated in the architecture, planning and engineering of solutions for improving the services for customer hosted financial applications.
- Redesigned and built Q2's baseline configuration management, repository organization and node provisioning architecture using Bitbucket, Ansible and Ansible Tower.
- Wrote a custom Python Ansible inventory that included custom reporting for multiple VMware ESX clusters/DCs.
- Built a SSH key management application as a Docker container deployed with Nomad using Consul, Vault, Active Directory, SSSD, with a front end written in Python/Bottle.
- Automated security patching and release upgrades for thousands of VMs that were not previously being managed.
DevOps Engineer • 11/2016 - 09/2017 Logz.io, Tel-Aviv/Austin, TX
- Worked closely with the development team in addressing deployment issues, building development, analysis and production tools.
- Wrote several ChatOps tools using Slack, Hubot, CoffeeScript, Python and bash.
- Closely monitored Elasticsearch/Kafka clusters using Grafana and Kibana and handled production outages independently, providing off-hours support.
- Refactored and improved several deployment processes using Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, and Puppet in a AWS EC2/RDS Auto Scaling environment.
Application Support Engineer • 04/2015 - 11/2016 Cisco Systems, Austin, TX
- Provided 24/7 L3/L4 support on multiple application stacks including Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, Node.js, TIBCO, and custom Python applications including training and documentation for lower tier support resources.
- Maintained existing production Nagios monitoring platform while building custom application monitoring plug-ins. Implemented Icinga2/Icinga2-web as a Nagios replacement with server and agents deployed via configuration management in a pre-production environment.
- Lead a complete redesign of Puppet Enterprise configuration management infrastructure and provided on-going support to additional infrastructure engineer staff resources.
- Splunk SME L3 support, including dashboard development, application deployment and security for several customer and on-site deployments.
- Provided various custom tools and solutions written in a variety of languages (PERL, Python, Bash, Ruby, Go) to solve for operational and development related issues.
Senior DevOps Engineer • 07/2014 - 04/2015 AllClear ID, Inc., Austin, TX
- Tier 3 web application support for consumer, enrollment and support web applications. Diagnosed apache tomcat and jboss java applications and handled support escalations daily.
- Solely responsible for all site reliability planning and management including development and ongoing maintenance of various orchestration tool(s) utilizing Jenkins, Puppet and home grown scripts used for release management.
- Updated, expanded and maintained Puppet configuration management infrastructure into AWS in a masterless nodeless configuration using Jenkins, S3 and Pulp for rpm build and package deployment.
- Responsible for maintenance of monitoring infrastructure: Zabbix, Elsa, and OSSEC.
- Responsible for management of build and release tools: Maven, Jenkins, and Nexus.
- Wrote several custom python and shell scripts for improving back end operations processes and automate routine tasks.
Sr. Solutions Developer / Engineer • 03/2014 - 07/2014 Drilling Info, Inc. (Contract), Austin, TX
- Wrote testing and infrastructure related scripts in bash, ruby and python for Ansible, Chef Jenkins, Opscode, and stand alone scripts for automation efforts.
- Utilized AWS CloudFormation to automate stack builds in Amazon Web Services, wrote boto and python scripts to interact with OpenStack and PySphere scripts to automate VMware builds and testing.
- Took lead working with buisness stakeholders, teasting, configuration management teams and orchestrated weekly production upgrades.
- Began working with F5 BIG-IP Load Balancing API automation to assist with moving nodes in and out of pools.
- Built high capacity, high throughput, highly available, and fault tolerant infrastructures.
- Acted as tier 3 production support in multi-tier web problems across platforms.
Systems Engineer • 08/2013 - 03/2014 Cisco Systems (Contract), Austin, TX
- Worked on a data center migration project virtualizing bare metal systems using vSphere, vCenter, Hypervisor, and VDI on Cisco UCS hardware.
- Defined, maintain, implement, support, and troubleshoot software and hardware relating to corporate Linux servers and systems, focused Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS operating systems.
- Helped define and support the corporate storage environment for file servers and database storage (SAN / NAS, file servers).
- Supported multiple Business units by solving problems, writing scripts, maintaining and supporting operational resource.
- Implemented a configuration management environment using Puppet Enterprise in production and Puppet Open Source in development and QA environments. Deployed and maintained RHEL 5/6 using RHN Satellite Server for audit and compliance.
- Ensure a high level of service by identifying problems, trends, and areas for improvement.
- Developed and maintained documents on architecture and configuration.
Systems Engineer • 11/2011 - 08/2013 Intuit, Inc (Contract), San Diego, CA
- Lead System Security engineer for a cloud based infrastructure project, leveraging a cross-functional team of engineers, software developers, and security operations. Architected and implemented OSSEC services for AWS instances and developed an AWS enterprise log aggregation and analysis solution that enhanced network security monitoring and response capabilities. Created automated techniques to monitor and alert against unique Public Cloud risks and developed scripts to unsure system hardening to streamline Public Cloud offerings into production.
- Wrote Chef configuration scripts and cookbooks as part of a internal agility platform to ensure customer self-service cloud offerings were secured and approved by Corporate Information Security.
- Developed Amazon instance security solutions using S3, Elastic Load Balancing and EC2 to scan and detect configuration drift, and instances that have not been hardened by reporting to a rsyslog/Splunk reporting infrastructure.
- Developed data center automation for infrastructure and application operational support. These automated solutions, based upon operational process flows and engineering designs streamlined hosting delivery business processes and reporting.
- Worked with IT architects and Engineers to ensure architectural security standards into use cases for functional requirements for development.
- Participated in the QA release process: developing and validating functional and operational test cases, engineering design solutions with other team members, as well as those outside of the IT Infrastructure Solutions team.
- Wrote functional and design documentation, as well as any operational user training, and provide on-going status of development.
- Implemented and maintained a central and shared multiple SCM repositories supporting git, subversion and mercurial for internal project tracking and development.
IS Manager / Linux Systems Engineer • 06/2011 - 11/2011 IFX International (Contract), San Diego, CA
- Maintained over 60 hosts in 2 different co-location facilities utilizing the Linux Virtual Server project for IP load balancing as well as local Samba file shares, backup systems and office phone systems.
- Developed a migration process of production systems from Citrix XenServer running on various versions of Debian to Red Hat Enterprise Linux / Centos 6.0 running KVM.
- Evaluated the migration of existing current infrastructure to Amazon Web Services.
- Developed and deployed custom perl Nagios plugins for monitoring new and existing systems.
- Consolidated a poorly designed multiple MySQL database server infrastructure to a replicated master slave configuration.
- Developed custom hardware and software asset and inventory collection system using perl, shell and MySQL.
- Managed the development team's central subversion repository.
Voice Engineering Specialist / Systems Engineer • 12/2004 - 03/2011 Citigroup Inc., Tampa, FL
- Developed re-distributable software and installation processes for global enterprise production deployment on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5, And Solaris 10 hardened platforms. Wrote custom software deployment and packaging utilities in perl, shell and python.
- Evaluated, designed, and tested practical and cost effective network / voice solutions utilizing VMware ESXi (3.5/4) / vSphere 4
- Participated in the responsibilities for the life-cycle management of telephony voice products during its operational life, and providing technical subject matter expertise to other engineering and operational teams.
- Developed deployment guides and led project teams with consult on engineering design and implementation including but not limited to the following Cisco and Avaya Voice Systems (CUCM, Cisco Unity Connections, Avaya ACM, Avaya ASM, Avaya Modular Messaging and Message Networking, Voice Portal, Secure Access Link), Media Gateways, IP Endpoints, Session Border Controllers, voice management tools (e.g. IMS or CUOM/CUPM) and voice adjuncts like voice recording (e.g. NICE or Cybertech) and CDR systems.
Application Engineer: • 08/2006 - 03/2008 Citigroup Inc., Tampa, FL
- Managed a heterogeneous development environment for local and remote development teams.
- Responsible for the installation and support of SOA development environments (Forum Sentry, Weblogic, SiteMinder, & Apache) utilizing virtualization technology including VMware ESX 3.5
- Configured Oracle 10g CRS/RAC in several multi-node clustered environments.
- Experience with the configuration and installation of nCipher HSM cards and appliances.
- Hardened and secured Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3/4, Solaris 8/10 and VMware ESXi 3.5 servers in lab, development and production environments.
- Developed solutions for remote application deployment, inventory management control and custom application monitoring using Perl, Python, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, Hyperic HQ and Nagios.
Senior Systems Analyst: • 03/2004 - 08/2006 Citigroup Inc., Tampa, FL
- Built HP DL380/580 ProLiant servers utilizing Jumpstart, Kick-start and Data Center Automation (DCA).
- Built and managed servers through SOE (Standard Operating Environment) compliant installations, configured disk using Veritas Volume Manager and LVM, configured backups using Veritas NetBackup and turned over to various application teams.
- Input physical data center requirements in Inventory system, backup/monitoring requirements and LTM load balanced network requirements.
- Worked servers through installation work-flow to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Built out server infrastructure per application requirements using custom automated Perl and shell build scripts.
- Worked with Audit/Compliance teams to install and maintain security updates and patches.
- Monitored status of critical system services and reporting performance & server health.
- Developed a cross platform automated data collection process using Perl, Python, Bash, PHP and MySQL used for audit/compliance justifications.
UNIX Administrator • 03/2001 - 05/2004 Rogue Wave Software Inc., Corvallis, OR
- Built, supported and maintained several database servers including upgrades, installation, configuration & DR.
- Handled SourcePro R&D & technical support hardware and database requests.
- Built, supported and maintained wide ranges of development build servers and source control management systems (CVS/Perforce).
- Responsible for Backup procedures, User management & Internal front line support.
- AWS Technical Professional; Released 11/2016, Completed 7/2017
- I am independently studying the following languages/technologies purely out of personal interest: IoT, Home Automation, Golang, Ruby, Python & Rust.